- Position sought: District 122 Board of Education member
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 815-485-8989
- Address: 2700 Chessington Drive
- Family: Her husband, Greg, and children Patrick (27), Brianne (21) and Michael (15).
- Education: Bachelor's degree from Lewis University.
- Occupation: Mortgage lender/banker
- Previous elected offices: Elected to District 122 Board of Education in 2003.
- Related experience: I have taken over 400 hours of Board of Education training. I am a fiscally responsible incumbent with a proven voting record, having served our community for the last eight years.
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I strongly support the quality education of New Lenox students. I believe that my proven experience will bring balance to the board.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
To reduce our bond debt without increasing our property taxes. This will allow that money to remain in the classroom. I recommend an extensive audit to determine if more cost savings can be found. This may further help the district in eliminating waste.
What sets you apart from the other candidates, if contested?
My knowledge, training, and experience. As my voting record shows, I take my responsibility to my community seriously.
What's your favorite thing about the school district?
My favorite thing about 122 is our children and their teachers. It is very rewarding to see the positive results of the quality education our teachers and building staff provide.
What is the biggest problem facing the school district?
The biggest problem facing our district is revenue loss of state funding for the schools. This is leading to heavy local taxation. The New Lenox community is already carrying a heavy burden in these tough economic times. We must focus on cutting our costs, and balancing our budget without affecting our children’s education.