Once a top ten status chef in a French kitchen in Chicago, owner Terry Johnson has channeled his energy to his soon-to-be patented spiral cut hot dogs. He was inspired his mother's fried bologna and the caramelization it achieved, and realized that if he created more surface area to a hot dog, he'd create that delicious crispy caramelized effect on them as well.
For the non-dog eaters, Wynders also offers burgers, chicken sandwiches, and a large selection of appetizers and ice cream treats.
Terry is committed to involving the community in his establishment, and one of the ways he is showing it is through the art on his walls, which showcase art by students from all four Lincoln Way high schools.
- Hours: Mon - Sat 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Street level entrance
- Founding Date: 2010
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Red Hot Chicago brand hot dogs, Polish sausages, brats, Italian sausages, and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and muffins
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.wyndersspiralcuthotdogs.com/Menu.php
- Specialties: Spiral cut hot dogs and sausages
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Fast Food
- Signature dishes: Any of the Red Hot Chicago sausages and hot dogs that are spiral cut on the premises.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: A Chicago Dog with everything
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Executive chef: Terry Johnson
- Number of tables: 6
- Features: Breakfast, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: casual