At first glance, Haines Wayside Park looks like many others in New Lenox. But read the number of signs plotted around the park, and you'll see this is a prime spot for Disc Golf, a game in which players toss a Frisbee along an 18-level course.
Besides that, there is plenty of space for other recreational games, including two sand volleyball courts, a playground and a large picnic pavilion that includes 10 tables and a grill pit.
- Fax: 815-485-5952
- Hours: Dawn to dusk
- Handicap Accessible: There is a paved path to the playground, but grass leads up to the picnic pavilion.
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Permit requirements: Must apply to director
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Area: 10.75 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Tables