ShareFest is nearing, and more volunteers are always needed to help the annual New Lenox event meet its goal of meeting the needs of the community.
Find out how you can help below!
ShareFest is an annual event that brings together hundreds of volunteers to work on service projects throughout New Lenox and help others in need through various collections.
Just how many people are needed to help? Hundreds. Here are the opportunities ShareFest gives you to volunteer:
- Sept. 1-11: household items collection at St. Jude. 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (22 volunteers needed)
- Saturday, Sept. 1: food drive collection (36 volunteers needed)
- Saturday, Sept. 15: food drive collection (12 volunteers needed)
Saturday, Sept. 8:
- clothing/home goods collection (34)
- food drive sorting/delivery (90)
- service projects (150)
- forest preserve cleanup (50)
- health/safety fair (8)
- recycling fair/drive (25)
- set-up (10)
- yard work (50)
See the form attached as a PDF for more information. Volunteers can sign up for a specific shift (9 a.m. to 11 a.m.; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) or mark that they're ready to help wherever and whenever they're needed.
Want to volunteer? or contact director Gary Cheney at 815-717-2614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.