ShareFest is built around helping those who need it most. People have needed more the past few years, whether it's paying for health care, finding a job or even buying everyday items.
This Saturday, the annual volunteerism event in New Lenox is offering a job fair and health fair, among other drives. There have been numerous collections for books, clothing and other goods around town since Sept. 1, but the main event for ShareFest is Saturday.
All the events Saturday are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at in New Lenox. Read below for more information.
- Diabetes screening
- Dental exams and cleanings for all area Pre-K-12 students
- Blood drive
- Testing for blood pressure, body mass index, glucose and macular regeneration
- Stroke awareness evaluations
- Scoliosis spinal chord screening/chair massages
- Assessments for carpal tunnel, injuries, stress and toxicity
- Free radon kits for Will County residents
Get connected to employers looking to hire. Bring your resume and talk to employers from a variety of fields. Before you go to the Job Fair on Saturday, get prepared Friday during a service support day.
The career service staff from the University of St. Francis and Mary Dyer, branch manager, at Standard Bank & Trust, will assist with resume reviews, mock interviews and job search tips. That is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 9 at in New Lenox.
Here's a full list of employers who will be at the Job Fair:
- A.S.G. Staffing (Bolingbrook): General labor, machine operation, sanitation and warehouse.
- Catholic Charities (Joliet): Case managers, food aide, Head Start supervisor, bilingual secretary, teachers and teachers assistants.
- Citizens Against Ruining the Environment (Joliet): Volunteers.
- First Midwest Bank (Joliet): Employees.
- First Staff Services Inc. (Joliet): Warehouse positions.
- Harrah's Casino (Joliet): Casino, food and hotel operations.
- JC Penney (Mokena): Employees.
- KR News Marketing Inc. (Chicago): Sales.
- Krieger Kiddie Corp. (Crest Hill): Employees.
- Midwest Staffing Group (New Lenox): Clerical, fork lift, specialty positions, warehouse.
- No Toxin Zone: Employees.
- Primerica Inc. (Chicago and Lockport): Part- and full-time associates, managers and trainers.
- Priority Staffing (Joliet and Morris): Employees.
- Santanna Energy Services: Collections, customer service, sales.
- Staff Force Inc.: Assembly, fork lift, inventory.
- State Department of Corrections: Security.
This year ShareFest is hosting a Household Hazardous Waste Collection. The New Lenox Township will have on-site Electronic Recycling. Rain barrels will be on sale for $65 and compost bins for $45. Scrap metal and styrofoam will also be collected. The drive goes from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and you can read for more information.
More Ways to Give
Other volunteers for ShareFest will be doing individual service projects, such as painting senior citizens' homes, as well as Forest Preserve restoration projects.
ShareFest began its "11 Days of Giving" collection drives on Sept. 1, and they will continue through Sept. 11. For a list of what to donate and where it's being collected, .