The following is a Route 30 Construction Update from Village Engineer Will Nash:
- Spencer Road is currently closed and should be open early next week.
- The contractor continues to place concrete for turn lanes and curbs thru New Lenox.
- The contractor has opened Retail Drive with two lanes in each direction.
- Joliet Highway is currently closed. The contractor has installed the radius portions of the new concrete pavement. Later this week they will finish the concrete work and finish the asphalt work there early next week. They plan to have to the road open by the middle of next week.
- When the contractor opens Joliet Highway they will close Bluestone Bay to complete the construction of this intersection.
- The contractor has completed the curb work and new pavement near the right in near Portillo’s. Early next week they will complete the asphalt work. At that time they will leave gaps in the curb and complete a temporary access to get traffic from the current lanes across the new pavement to the right in.
- Due to the closure of Joliet Highway, I have told the contractor he cannot move forward with the staged construction of Schoolhouse Road until Joliet Highway is complete. Concrete pavement has been placed just east and west of the existing pavement and the contractor will begin constructing the transition pavement next week. The staged construction of the intersection will take place in the spring.
- The contractor is finishing storm sewer work on some side streets then will begin relocating Fire hydrants as required over the next few weeks.
- The contractor will be filling in the mainline pavement gaps and shifting entrances to Hickory Creek Plaza, Atrium Point and Peace Lutheran Church. We will continue to work with businesses and place signs as required to help traffic navigate the area.
- Beginning the week of December 10 the contractor will begin moving traffic to the correct sides of the road.
- The contractor will be removing the landscape island just south of RT 30. Removing this island allows the state to pave the area and provide a left turn lane taper for traffic headed towards RT 30 and allow for a left turn lane for southbound traffic to turn onto Summer Lane.
All the work mentioned above is dependent on weather and the possibility of unforeseen utility issues.
Questions regarding this update may be directed to the Village's Engineering Department by calling (815) 462-6450