The following is a Route 30 Construction Update from Village Engineer Will Nash:
- Spencer Road is currently closed and should be open by the end of this week.
- New Concrete has been placed from the west end of the project to east of Bluestone Bay Drive. The contractor will be leaving gaps at the private driveways and side streets as required to allow access. This completes the mainline concrete pours thru New Lenox. The contractor has begun filling in the gaps in the next couple weeks.
- The contractor has installed the concrete for east half of Retail drive and has shifted traffic to this new pavement.
- Joliet Highway is currently closed while the contractor builds the intersection up to the subgrade for the new road. The contractor has completed all the underground utility work and will be starting the process of placing stone and asphalt. The pavement should be placed by the end of this week and will be open early the week of November 26th at the latest. We have placed signs along RT 30 directing traffic looking to access Bluestone Commons to the entrance just west of Joliet Highway.
- Due to the closure of Joliet Highway, I have told the contractor he cannot move forward with the staged construction of Schoolhouse Road until Joliet Highway is complete. Concrete pavement has been placed just east and west of the existing pavement and the contractor will begin constructing the transition pavement next week. The staged construction of the intersection will take place in the spring.
- The contractor is finishing storm sewer work on some side streets then will begin relocating Fire hydrants as required over the next few weeks.
- The contractor will be filling in the mainline pavement gaps and shifting entrances to Hickory Creek Plaza, Atrium Point and Peace Lutheran Church. We will continue to work with businesses and place signs as required to help traffic navigate the area.
All the work mentioned above is dependent on weather and the possibility of unforeseen utility issues.
Any questions regarding Route 30 Construction may be directed to the Engineering Department (815) 462-6450.