- Spencer Road is currently closed and should be open by the end of next week.
- New Concrete has been placed from the west end of the project to the east of Bluestone Bay Drive. The contractor will be leaving gaps at the private driveways and side streets as required to allow access. This completes the mainline concrete pours thru New Lenox. The contractor has begun filling in the gaps in the next couple weeks.
- The contractor has installed the concrete for the east half of Retail Drive and has shifted traffic to this new pavement. They have placed the mainline and left turn lane for eastbound traffic as well as gaps in the concrete pavement to the east and by Saturday morning will be able to allow traffic on this new pavement. This will allow a left and a right turn lane for northbound cars exiting the Target/Lowes development as well as allowing eastbound cars making a right turn into the site a radius to make this turn instead of the current drastic 90 degree turn. This will allow more cars to stack at the light and move thru the intersection. They plan to be completed with the concrete pavement at Retail Drive Friday. Early the week of Thanksgiving they will strip the intersection to allow the full intersection to be used. This should all be complete by the Thanksgiving shopping rush.
- Joliet Highway is currently closed while the contractor builds the intersection up to the subgrade for the new road. The contractor has completed all the underground utility work and will be starting the process of placing stone and asphalt next week. The pavement should be placed by the end of next week and will be open early the week of November 26th at the latest. We have placed signs along RT 30 directing traffic looking to access Bluestone Commons to the entrance just west of Joliet Highway.
- Due to the closure of Joliet Highway, I have told the contractor he cannot move forward with the staged construction of Schoolhouse Road until Joliet Highway is complete. Concrete pavement has been placed just east and west of the existing pavement and the contractor will begin constructing the transition pavement next week. The staged construction of the intersection will take place in the spring.
- The contractor is finishing storm sewer work on some side streets then will begin relocating Fire hydrants as required over the next few weeks.
- The contractor will be filling in the mainline pavement gaps and shifting entrances to Hickory Creek Plaza, Atrium Point and Peace Lutheran Church. We will continue to work with businesses and place signs as required to help traffic navigate the area.
All the work mentioned above is dependent on weather and the possibility of unforeseen utility issues.
Any questions regarding the Route 30 construction project may be directed to the Village Engineering Department (815) 462-6450.