The Will County Board approved the following items of business:
1. Zoning case 6033-sv Josephine Gendusa to allow a Special Use Permit for Outdoor Storage of Equipment and a variance to not provide landscape screening of off street parking and allow parking in the front yard setback. This is for a used car lot on Schoolhouse Road in New Lenox Township.
2. Appropriated $25,500 in grant fund in the Health Dept. Budget for West Nile Virus Prevention Program.
3. Appropriated $5,000 in grant funds from Union Pacific Foundation Board in Health Dept. Budget for office supplies.
4. Appropriated $25,000 in grant funds from Cities Readiness Initiative from the Illinois Dept. of Public Health for Bioterrorism/Preparedness to purchase Computers and related equipment.
5. Appropriated $6,161 in grant funds from the Illinois Dept. of Health for Family Dental Services for use in rental storage and building use.
6. Approved a resolution Setting the Number of Court Security Officiers at 13.5 full time positions.
7. Approved a resolution authorizing the County Executive to Execute Real Estate Contract for Purchase of 158 Scott St., Joliet, the former Social Security Building for $850,000 which is 31,353 sq ft property to be used for County offices which are now being leased at other locations in Joliet.
8. The County Board heard the County Executive give his Annual State of the County Report and present the proposed budget for 2013. The Property tax levi is proposed to be $111,744,000 for next year it was $111,750,000 this year.
9. Will County received an award for Website Transparency from Illinois Policy Institue. The Website lists meeting agendas and meeting minutes, the county budget and county checkbook among many other items.