Four days of fun are coming to the Home of Proud Americans this weekend. Proud American Days is back in New Lenox from July 26-29, and we've got a complete rundown of all the events.
Everything takes place near the New Lenox Park District's , 1 Manor Drive, and the ' performing arts pavilion, 1 Veterans Parkway.
For more information, call the New Lenox Park District at 815-485-3584 or go to the event's website.
CARNIVAL GAMES & RIDES
Windy City Carnival Games & Rides will be operating the carnival portion of Proud American Days. Carnival tickets are $1 each and can be use at any Windy City Carnival Event. Unlimited Ride Wristbands will be put on by staff at time of purchase.
- Thursday, July 26: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands available for $20. Advance ticket sales begin at 4 p.m.
- Friday, July 27: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.: No unlimited ride wristbands available.
- Saturday, July 28: Noon to 11 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands for $20 may be used between noon and 4 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29: Noon to 10 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands for $20 may be used between noon and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26: Maggie Speaks performs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. $7 cover charge. Entertainment tent open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday, July 27: 4-Cast performs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Watch 4-Cast perform in the Triple Play Concert Series.) Hairbangers Ball goes on from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Entertainment tent open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday, July 27: Teen Battle of the Bands, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Village Commons performing arts pavilion Click here for registration forms.
- Saturday, July 28: Country band Lucky Town performs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Village Commons performing arts pavilion. Infinity follows at 8 p.m. $7 cover charge. Entertainment tent open noon to midnight.
- Sunday, July 29: Stellar Road performs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. No cover. Entertainment tent open noon to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26: 6:30 p.m. "Mud Night," ages 18 and up pool play. Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 25. $78/team.
- Friday, July 27: 6:30 p.m. "Battle of the Businesses," ages 18 and up pool play. Registration deadline is Thursday, July 26. $78/team.
- Saturday, July 28: 9 a.m. Co-ed Mud Volleyball Tournament, ages 18 and up. Registration deadline is Friday, July 27. $130/team.
- Sunday, July 29: 10 a.m. Co-ed Mud Volleyball Tournament, ages 12-17. Registration deadline is Friday, July 27. $90/team.
SO MUCH MORE TO DO
Bags Tournament: 7 p.m. Friday through Saturday in the entertainment tent. Ages 21 and up. Registration begins at 6 p.m. $20 per team, with cash prizes (80/20 split).
Special Needs Day: Noon to 3 p.m. Friday. Sponsored by the Lions Club, this event allows people with special needs to enjoy the carnival rides and the rest of the park before it opens to the public. .
B96 Radio Appearance: The radio station will be at the performing arts pavilion from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday and again at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Beef Cook-Off: 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday. $75 to enter the beef cook-off, which includes a 15-pound roast. Judging begins at 11 a.m., and the remaining beef will be sold to the public. All proceeds will benefit the New Lenox Fire Foundation's Save-a-Life Program. Call 815-463-4500 to register or .
Patriotic Babies: Registration at 8 a.m., contest begins at 9 a.m. Saturday. Pre-registration deadline is Friday, July 20 at the Lions Community Center. Fee is $8. On-site registration fee is $15. .
Pet Parade/Rescue: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. at the performing arts pavilion. You patriotic pets can parade around the Commons, and you can get a free photo with your pet afterward. Various rescue organizations will be there until noon. .
Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the entertainment tent. The "Made in America" show will feature various crafts.
Garage Sale: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the parking lot. Proceeds will help fund the New Lenox Rotary Club's charitable efforts. Unsold items will be donated to the New Lenox .
Big Wheel Race: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the performing arts pavilion. Check-in begins at 11:15 with a decorating contest at 11:30. Bring your own decorate Big Wheel. Race starts at 11:45 a.m.
Cheerleading Demo: Noon to 12:30 p.m. in the entertainment tent.
Family Fun Extravaganza: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the entertainment tent. Features a magic show, Oreo-stacking contest and a hula hoop contest.
Fun Run for Soldiers: 9 a.m. Sunday. Race-day registration/check-in begins at 8 a.m. at the performing arts pavilion. Race-day fee is $25. Pre-registration deadline is Wednesday, July 18 and the fee is $20. $5 per runner will be donated to the Armed Forces. .
Military Tribute: 11:30 a.m. Sunday in the entertainment tent. All current military personnel and veterans are encouraged to attend. .
Business Expo: Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Lions Community Center. Come by to meet local businesses and organizations, sponsored by the .
Classic Car Show: Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday in the New Lenox Public Library parking lot. Check out classic cars and help vote for the "People's Choice" award. .
Family Bingo: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the family pavilion.
Check out more events at the Village Commons in our .