Candidates wanting to run in the April 2013 election for office in New Lenox have from Dec. 17-Dec. 26 to file their petitions for open seats on municipal and school boards along with the park district, library and township.
However it was changed because many clerk's offices throughout the state are closed or open with limited hours because it's Christmas Eve.
Sign up for the free New Lenox Patch newsletter.
Village Clerk Laura Ruhl said Village Hall will be closed on Monday, Dec. 24, but the office will be opened with extended hours—8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 26.
Here's a list of elected positions open:
- Village of New Lenox has three trustee positions open for four-year terms.
- New Lenox School District 122 has five seats: Four of the seats are for four-year terms. One seat is a two-year term. It is currently being filled by in July and sworn-in at the August board meeting to fill the position left vacant by the June resignation of Susan Gillooley. The former board vice president, Pender stepped up to the plate to fill in until April 2013, when a candidate is elected for the remaining two years in the term. There has been no word yet on whether or not Pender will run for the position.
- Lincoln-Way High School District 210 has three open seats for four-year terms.
- New Lenox Public Library District has three open seats for six-year terms.
- New Lenox Park District has two open seats for four-year terms.
New Lenox Township government has the potential to switch out every position. There are four trustee positions open an along with highway commissioner, tax assessor, supervisor and clerk.
"Like" our Facebook page and look for updates throughout the day.