News that the popular Mexican restaurant, LA Café, would not be reopening was tough to swallow for a lot of readers.
The restaurant burned down in January 2012, and even up till three months ago, restaurant owner Marc Angel was looking forward to reopening the spot. What will open in the same location is Mattina Café, currently located at 426 E. Lincoln Highway.
- LA Cafe Plans to Reopen Have Gone Up in Smoke: Mattina Café Takes Over
- We Will Rebuild': Fire Destroys LA Cafe in New Lenox
The second top story in New Lenox Patch this week shared the gruesome details of a police investigation into the Jan. 10 double murder on Hickory Street in Joliet.
- Accused Joliet Killers Had Sex on Corpses: Patch Exclusive
- Nightmare on Hickory Street: An Inside View to a Horrific Double Murder
Readers might also like:
- I-80 Semi-Truck Collision Leaves Man Badly Hurt
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites:
- New Lenox newsletter and New Lenox Patch Facebook