Illinois State Police Zone 3 officers conducted Alcohol Countermeasure Enforcement (ACE) in New Lenox and Mokena. A 30-year-old gas station employee in Mokena was arrested for failing to check if the buyer was old enough.
On Dec. 19, the ACE team surveyed 24 locations in New Lenox and Mokena. Only one store was caught in violation. The Circle K #6703, 19100 S. LaGrange Road, was cited on Dec. 19. An employee, Wille J. Christian III, 30, was arrested for unlawful delivery of alcoholic liquor to a minor, a Class A misdemeanor. He was released on a notice to appear in court.
This project was funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
The ACE report stated that the employees at the other stores should be "commended" for insisting valid proof that the customer is at least 21 years old.
ACE conducted surveilance at these stores:
- Consumers Liquors, 356 Maple St.
- Target Store #T-2028, 2370 E. Lincoln Highway
- Speedway, 800 West Maple
- Speedway #1431, 939 South Cedar Rd.
- Jewel-Osco, 475 N. Nelson Rd.
- Speedway #5380, 301 W. Maple
- Berkot’s Super Foods, 2141 Calistoga Dr.
- Jewel-Osco Drug, 2021 E. Laraway Road
- Walgreens, 466 Nelson Rd.
- Speedway #1423, 570 Laraway Rd.
- 7-Eleven, 100 E. Maple
- New Lenox Food and Liquors, 13410 Route 6
- Circle K, 19100 LaGrange Rd.
- Walgreens, 20002 S. Wolf Rd.
- Speedway, 18701 S. Wolf Rd.
- The Cave Wine and Spirits, 18700 S. Wolf Rd.
- 7 -Eleven, 19101 Wolf Rd.
- United Liquors, 11318 Lincoln Highwy
- Speedway, 19855 S. LaGrange Rd.
- Mokena Mart, 19464 LaGrange Rd.
- Brookhaven Marketplace, 19818 S. LaGrange Rd.
Like what you see?
The public is reminded that charges are merely accusations and all defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.Check back to Patch for more information on police news in New Lenox, Mokena or Frankfort.