A New Lenox teen faces drug charges after he was stopped by police in Frankfort and marijuana, pills and pipes were found in the car.
Tyler J. Richards, 18, of the 700 block of Vanderbilt Drive in New Lenox, was charged with possession of marijuana and pills, possession of drug equipment and the manufacturing/delivering of marijuana.
Frankfort Police Commander Kevin Keegan said Richards was stopped for improper lane use Sunday, Aug. 14, near LaGrange and Laraway roads. Upon searching the car, police reported finding:
- a mason jar with about 4.5 grams of marijuana;
- an unmarked prescription pill bottle with hydromorphone;
- about 100 dime-sized baggies typically used to deal drugs;
- a scale typically used to weigh drugs for dealing; and
- two pipes with burnt marijuana residue.
Richards was taken to Will County jail. His bail amount had not been set as of Monday.
Police blotter information is provided by law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.