It was bad enough last week when a Cook County man appeared in court for allegedly . But now this week we have a Joliet man who allegedly .
The body of Jeanie Parker, 54, remains missing as fire department divers brave the depths of the Des Plaines and police officers scour the river bank. Parker's son, Charles McCullum, 21, has been charged with her murder and is being held on a $5 million bond.
Also in court this week, there was:
- A trial date set for Bolingbrook resident George Smith, who allegedly attempted to kidnap an 11-year-old girl.
- A man charged with the 2009 murder of his uncle in New Lenox Township appearing in court.
- Yet another lawsuit filed against Frankfort pediatrician Kishor Jain, this time by the mother of a girl allegedly molested by the doctor.
- A West Virginia man suing the Hilton Garden Inn in Tinley Park. The man claims employees of the hotel should have stopped a drunk before he knocked on his door and attacked him after he answered.
- A woman suing Chicagoland Speedway. She claims the speedway is at fault for a falling flagpole that broke her back.
- A Lakemoor man being found psychologically unfit to stand trial for the murder of his sister in Naperville.
- A possible plea deal in the works for a Romeoville man who allegedly bashed his wife's head with a hammer just before she had a heart attack and died.