Because Mayor Tim Baldermann and New Lenox residents have put such a focus on the , we want to track whether the prices actually drop and what they are compared to neighboring towns.
On April 23, when Baldermann called for a boycott of New Lenox gas stations, prices for unleaded fuel here were $4.20/gallon. Area stations were anywhere from $3.89/gallon to $4.14/gallon.
Check back every once in a while for a rundown of local prices as well as gas prices in Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet and Homer Glen.
Soon after the boycott we dropped to be competitive, then prices shot up (but were still competitive). Then we were more expensive than everyone for a while, but now prices are competitive and low(er). What will happen next? Manhattan is always a bit lower, Joliet is typically a bit higher. Frankfort and Mokena are usually a good gague.
Prices are for one gallon of regular gas. Prices listed are as of 1 p.m., June 6. The prices in parentheses denote the costs of the last update.
New Lenox Gas Prices
- $3.75 at 1101 W. Laraway Road (Was $3.82)
- $3.75 Speedway at 570 Laraway Road (Was $3.82)
- $3.75 Speedway at 800 W. Route 30 (Was $3.82)
- $3.75 Speedway at 939 S. Cedar Road (Was $3.82)
- $3.75 Speedway at 301 W. Route 30 (Was $3.82)
- $3.75 Shell at 475 N. Nelson Road (Was $3.82)
- $3.89 at 103 E. Route 30 (No change)
Previous update was at 1 p.m. June 1
Gas Prices in Neighboring Towns
- Frankfort: All stations at $3.72.
- Homer Glen: Ranges from $3.71 to $3.75.
- Joliet: Ranges from $3.67 to $3.99.
- Manhattan: Ranges from $3.69 to $3.89.
- Mokena: Ranges from $3.71 to $3.72.