Orland Park Lions Club Haunted Woods Presents Forest of Fears 14800 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park
Scaring Orland Park since 1988.
- When: Oct. 14-15, Oct. 21-22, Oct. 27-29, from 7-11 p.m.
- Admission: $10 for ages 6 and older ($2 discount with donation for food pantry)
- Information: http://orlandparklionsclub.com/
Haunted Hayrides Forest View Farms, 16717 Lockwood Ave., Tinley Park
A Halloween ride through haunted forest preserve takes about 20-30 minutes. A fall tradition for at least 15 years.
- When: Oct. 8-9, Oct. 14-16, Oct. 20-23, Oct. 27-29, from 6-7 p.m. a less scary version for kids, from 7 p.m. to close a full effects show.
- Admission: $10 ($9 if you book a whole wagon, which seats 20).
- Information: 708-560-0306 or online at www.fvfarms.com
Frankfort Area Jaycees Haunted House Harlem Crossings Shopping Center, 198th Street and Harlem Avenue, Frankfort
Scaring Frankfort for the past 15 years
- When: Oct. 7-8, Oct. 14-15, Oct. 21-22, Oct. 28-31, from 7-10:30 p.m.
- Admission: $8 for 6 and older
- Information: http://www.frankfort-area-jaycees.org/
Haunted Hollow returns to Bridgeview’s Toyota Park with a new fright fest called Carn-Evil Midway.
- When: Oct. 14-16, Oct. 21, Oct. 23 and Oct. 28-31, from 7-11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 7-10 p.m. on Sunday and Halloween.
- Admission: $10 for ages 7 and older. RIP passes are an additional $5.
- Information: www.bridgeviewhauntedhouse.com, or see Haunted Hallow's Facebook page or Twitter feed.
Frightmare Haunted House at Haunted Trails 7759 S. Harlem Ave., Burbank
A two-story haunted house and scary maze featuring scenes from famous horror films.
- When: Daily from Oct. 7 to Halloween, 6-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 6-11 p.m. Fridays; 3-11 p.m. Saturdays; 3-10 p.m. Sundays.
- Admission: $10 (discount coupons on website) but only 99 cents on 20th anniversary days Oct. 10-13 and Oct. 17-20. 6-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday,
- Information: http://www.frightmarehauntedhouse.com/
- When: Oct. 14-15 from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Admission: $5 for adults, $3 for ages 10 and younger
- Information: http://paloshillsholidayevents.homestead.com/Halloween-hayride.html
Sweet Dreams Haunted House 11901 S. Cicero Ave. Alsip, inside the Funtime Square
In its seventh year of operation, Sweet Dreams Haunted House is located inside Funtime Square in Alsip, which has the largest haunted cemetery count, according to Haunted Places of Illinois.
- When: Oct. 12, Oct. 7-9, Oct. 14-16, Oct. 21-23, Oct. 26-31, from 7-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, 7 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday.
- Admission: $10
- Information: http://www.sweetdreamshauntedhouse.com
3rd Annual Nightmare at the Terrace Haunted House 11500 Beloit Ave., Worth
The Worth Park District will once again be turning the Terrace Centre into a place full of scares, thrills and chills for the 3rd annual "Nightmare at the Terrace" Haunted House. If you dare, take your chances and walk through a 700-foot path and 15-room maze.
- When: Oct. 14-15, Oct. 21-23, Oct. 27-30, from 6-10 p.m.
- Admission: $8 for 8 and older. A Lights on for Kids version will be Oct. 20 from 4-6 p.m. and Oct. 29 from 2-5 p.m. for $2.
- Information: 708-448-7080 or online at http://www.worthparkdistrict.org
Spirits of the Oaks Haunted Trail Irons Oaks in Olympia Fields
It’s the time of year when the darkness lengthens and the Spirits of the Oaks become restless. Are you brave enough to walk amongst them? Visit our haunted trail that is sure to scare even the bravest soul.
- When: Oct. 14-15, from 7-10 p.m. for ages 12 and older
- Admission: $7 ($5 in groups of 5 or more)
- Information: http://www.hfparks.com
Doorway to Doom Pick-Ups Bar, 21000 Torrence Ave., Lynwood
The Doorway to Doom began as a simple yard haunt in a quiet little town south of Chicago. Soon, the Haunt grew and the Doorway threatened to consume the sleepy little suburb. It is said, that a vortex opens up beyond the Doorway and those unlucky enough to be in the Mausoleum when this happens are swept away to a world of unspeakable terrors!
- When: Oct. 14-16, Oct. 21-23, Oct. 26-31, from 7-10 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, 8 p.m. to midnight Fridays and Saturdays, 6-0 p.m. on Halloween night.
- Admission: $13
- Information: http://www.doorwaytodoom.com/
Abyss Haunted House Presented by Dollinger Farms, 7502 E. Hansel Road, Channahon
A darkness, long forgotten, has been unleashed deep within the bowels of the earth, beneath the old McClindon place in unsuspecting Channahon. An unspeakable portal to horror so deep and black, it is known only as … ABYSS.
- When: Oct. 7-8, Oct. 14-16, Oct. 20-23, Oct. 27-30, from 7-10 p.m. Sundays and Thursdays, 7-11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Admission: $17
- Information: 815-467-6788 or online at http://www.abysshaunts.com/
Statesville Haunted Prison and City of the Dead, Crest Hill
Enter Statesville Haunted Prison at your own peril. When you do, the Warden the Demon of Darkness and his Zombies will quickly take control of you like everything else inside the ancient walls of pure evil!
- When: Oct. 6-9, Oct. 13-16, Oct. 20-23, Oct. 25-31, Nov. 4-5, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays, 7-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- Admission: $30, VIP $40
- Information: http://www.statesville.org/
Haunted Mansion and Asylum 13 Ditka’s Sports Dome, 730 N. Bolingbrook Dr. in Bolingbrook
- When: Oct. 7-9, Oct. 14-16, Oct. 20-23, Oct. 26-31, 6-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- Admission: $20
- Information: www.ditkasportsdome.com/haunted
Six Flags Fright Fest, Gurnee
- When: Oct. 7-10, Oct. 14-16, Oct. 21-23, Oct. 28-30, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays, 5-11 p.m. Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Columbus Day
- Admission: $59.99 for adults, $39.99 for children under 48-inches, free for children 2 and younger. Additional fee required for some haunted attractions.
- Information: http://frightfest.sixflags.com