Frankfort residents Kathleen and Jim Littleton are bringing their faith to a local storefront with the opening of The Family Hearth.
Located at 32 W. Nebraska in Frankfort, The Family Hearth is the storefront for Forming Faithful Families, a non-profit public charity.
The homey store offers gifts, home décor, gourmet Mystic Monk coffee and teas brewed fresh and packaged made by monks in Wyoming, Willow Tree figurines, Keepers of the Light primitive jar candles, seasonal décor and much more, all centered around a cozy fireplace.
The ministry can also serve as a meeting place, and there are programs and services offered from a Christian view, though all denominations are welcome. The programs include:
- Scripture reflection group, 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Open to adults and young adults, men and women. Bring a Bible, no charge.
- Christian cancer support group, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays. Open to adults and young adults, men and women, patients and family members. No charge.
- Women's book study group, 10 a.m. Mondays. "Helping women proudly embrace their pivotal role in the family and society." Fee is the cost of book study materials.
- Women's prayer group, 1 p.m. Fridays. "Putting your faith into practice through prayer, meditation and journaling." Fee is the cost of journal and materials.
- Spiritual guidance/life coaching, by appointment. Fully trained and with 15 years of experience. Free, donations.
To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-334-1988, and go to www.formingfaithfulfamilies.com.