The late night and early morning vibrations from bass-thumping tunes played at the Electric Daisy Carnival May 26 have sparked the ire of residents especially from New Lenox but also Mokena, Frankfort, Lockport and Homer Glen.
The three-day celebration over the Memorial Day weekend in the Lincoln-Way communities has been marred by persistent disturbance caused by the EDC. New Lenox Mayor Tim Baldermann today said he met Sunday with EDC promoters, Joliet police and Chicagoland Speedway officials to discuss the noise issue further.
Despite the personal visit, the music Sunday night and into the wee hours of the morning was boosted to levels that some say echo the eardrum-bursting levels of May 24.
Baldermann offered this promise:
"I'm going to make sure that all of the concerns of our residents are expressed to Joliet city officials. We won't let our quality of life be negatively impacted by an event like this again."
Here are some reaction posts on New Lenox Patch Facebook:
· Day 3 at 10:55 pm: our house is vibrating. We are about 8-1/2 miles northwest of this concert catastrophe, on the southern edge of Lockport...Oops! Northeast... I think the vibrating is affecting my brain waves...
· Wow ....still going strong@ 12:41
· I heard this is coming back for the next 3 years. I don't like to think of myself as an old prude, but till 4 am 3 nights in a row??? It's extremely inconsiderate. Thankfully my kids are somehow sleeping through this. Of course, they'll be up @ 6 am and I'll have slept for 2 whole hours. UGH!
· I didn't hear it on Friday night with everyone else. Tonight, it's loud!
· Well it is over and it was a BLAST, Sander Van Doorn rocked it and DJ Tiesto makes me jump till my legs hurt lol. 3 nights shouldn't cause this much 'ouch' from people, others have things to do too and EDC was respectful with their response to concerns
· Ummm...EDC why do u wait until 12:30 am -1 am to decide to increase volume past two nights? Also, why do other concert venues have to abide by ending by midnight @ the latest but you can go to 4 am? Noise level on Fri. was a 10, Sat./Sun. after midnight it's 9.
. How many people like the idea of another 4 years of this Electric Daisy Carnival going on with the loud bassy music till 4am for 3 days straight ??
. The music tonight is even worse than the last 2
On Sunday, Baldermann said he was assured a seat at the table with Joliet city officials to talk about the problems with the noise level. A tour of the concert set-up revealed that one of the problems is the state set-up. The venue has several stages, but one in particular is pointed in the direction of New Lenox. Promoters told him that problem would be rectified in the future.
Readers might like:
- Residents Pleased with Response: EDC Turned Down the Noise
- Concert Promoter Asked to Reduce Noise in Wake of Complaints
- Beat From Joliet Concert Pounds on Residents' Last Nerves
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: