KKK guy William J. Spears went on to say that the Klan was going to operate as a sort of neighborhood watch in New Lenox.
"They have nothing to be afraid of," Spears said of the people of New Lenox. "I think they should feel very safe the Klan is conducting neighborhood watches."
Not only did the Klan capture the top spot in the most-read New Lenox Patch stories of 2013, it also came in third when residents came forward after finding fliers distributed by Spears' group in their driveways.
Here's the rest of the New Lenox Patch Top 10, sans Klan:
- Lincoln-Way Central Assistant Principal Resigns After Domestic Battery Arrest
- Officer Stops Sex Between Man and Teen in Jacob Lowell Park: Police
- Pedestrian Killed by Metra Train Was New Lenox Man, 25
- Bad Crash Closes Down Westbound I-80 at U.S. 30
- Teen & Dad Suing New Lenox Berkot's, Say Store Workers Roughed Up, Knocked Out Son
- And the 2013 Triple Play Bands Are...
- New Lenox Woman's Fake ID Leads to Bar Fight With Cops: Police
- Lockport Man Killed in Motorcycle vs. Car Crash