Snow and Ice.
They are harmless words but when pertaining to driving- they can be very dangerous.
"No one wants to be stranded in the cold because of an accident or vehicle breakdown, properly preparing your vehicle for winter driving is essential for the safety of all passengers and will greatly decrease the chances of your vehicle breaking down", states Fire Chief Jon Mead.
Chief Mead recommends all drivers to prepare themselves with a winter emergency preparedness kit in case of a vehicle breakdown. The kit should include some of the following:
- A flashlight with extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- Flares and/or a reflective triangle
- First Aid Supplies
- A simple tool kit
- A fully charged cell phone and/or a cell phone charger
- Matches and/or a lighter
- Kitty litter, salt, or sand
- Ice scraper with a brush
- Extra warm clothing
- Drinking water
- Make sure your car jack and lug wrench are in your car and operating properly
Before the weather of Old Man Winter arrives, make sure your car is properly serviced and maintained.