-The first week of second semester was a success. Students and teachers are back at work, teams are competing, and clubs are up and running.
Second semester offers a new opportunity to achieve academic success and to get involved. Students can join clubs and can work hard to achieve the grades they want. Always remember that resources are available, including tutoring in the ARC and help with finding extracurriculars through the student activities or campus ministry offices. The guidance department can also offer support to students in either of these areas. So, make sure to encourage your child to ask for help if needed.
-Students, are you interested in starting a new club at Marist? Complete this application by January 28 and return to the main office.
- Fine Arts & Literary Club will meet today after school in room 111.
- Pro-Life Club will host a bake sale Wednesday through Friday. Bring some change for a sweet treat!
- The family of the late Paul Simmons, a member of the class of 2011, is looking for designs for the 2013 commemorative Paul Simmons shirt. They are open to any ideas. Please include a basketball theme and his name or initials. Designs are due January 28. See Ms. Arvesen with questions.
- There are still spots available for the February junior retreat. Interested students should see Deacon Neu as soon as possible.
- The International Club will meet this Thursday after school.
- Congratulations to Tim Johnson and Kelly Collins for taking 6th place in the Next-In Round of Humorous Duet Acting at Buffalo Grove High School on Saturday.
- Marist Science Club will be hosting its annual bridge competition in a few weeks. An informational meeting for this year's bridge contest will be held this Thursday after school in room 120. If you're interested in making a bridge and competing, please come or see Dr. Wallace.
- Marist Youth will kick off Relay for Life efforts next week with daily lunch activities. Students will be able to sign up to participate in the Relay event in May.
-General auditions for the spring musical, "The Wiz", will be held Tuesday, January 15, and Wednesday, January 16, at 2:30 in the theatre. Students must prepare a song to perform. Sign-up sheets will be on the call board outside the theatre. Please sign up for one of the days.
- Dance auditions will be held on Wednesday, January 16th, in the theatre at 1:30 p.m. Anyone interested in a specialty dance role is required to attend.
- Call backs will be held on Thursday, January 17, at 2:30 p.m. in the theatre. The cast list will be posted Thursday morning on the call board outside theatre.
Anyone interested in stage crew may come to any of the audition days to fill out a sheet.
Any questions, please see Mrs. Kelly or Mrs. Vail.
RedHawk Sports Round-up
Come out to a winter game or meet. Check out the schedule here.