Welcome to New Lenox Patch
Editor Michael Sewall tells you what Patch is and how you can use it.
If you're here, viewing this article and welcome video, you might have heard something about Patch already. Maybe we've met face-to-face in the community. Maybe a friend or co-worker passed along this link so you could learn about the newest news source in town.
So you know of Patch, but there's so much more to know about Patch. On many levels, New Lenox Patch is an online newspaper; we'll have daily updates on local government, crime, schools, sports, business and community events. You'll see my team of reporters out in the village to bring you the most frequent and relevant news that matters to you.
But we're a lot more than a community newspaper; we're a community hub. We have the most extensive local business directory and events calendar, and we allow users to post events and announcements. We aim to start an ongoing, communitywide discussion about what's important to you, whether you want to share your opinions by commenting on an article or ask fellow readers a question about your village.
So yes, we'll give you daily news updates about New Lenox. But this website is about you: the reader, the community member and the contributor. To explain how you can become a part of the online community we hope to create, here's more information on how you can use our site:
What is Patch?
New Lenox Patch is part of a larger, national network of community news websites, but the focus here is local news and information. Each Patch.com site has an editor in the community they cover, and we work with a team of contributing writers who also live in or near the community.
How can I use this site?
Like I said earlier, we aim to report the news that's important and matters to you. To help us learn more about the community, there are countless ways you can interact on this website. Additionally, New Lenox Patch isn't just an online newspaper — we want to be the best source of information for New Lenox that you can find. Here are a few ways you can interact on the site and impact the community:
- Comment: You may register on the site for free, and we hope you'll respond to our articles. If you have something to say about the latest Village Board decision or disagree with our local sports power rankings, let us know.
- Directory: We offer the most extensive business directory around as a community resource. If you're new to town and want to see what New Lenox has to offer, or you've been here a while but are looking for something new, we list every business, church, park and school here.
- Post announcements, events: Once you're registere on the site, you may let others in the town know announcements you have, such as marriages or fundraisers. You can also upload calendar items to tell the community about what's going on in town.
- Social Media: If you're on Facebook or Twitter, make sure to follow us for up-to-the-minute news and information. If you aren't using either of those sites yet, I encourage you to sign up. You will get links to our stories, can start discussions and receive breaking news, such as car accidents or sports scores.
- Spread the word: Patch is about you and for you, but to make it work, we need your help. Tell your co-workers, friends and neighbors to check us out!
I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and getting your feedback. If you ever have comments, questions or suggestions, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-203-4925.