Want to Know What's Playing at the Show, Feb. 8-10?
The 1986 classic, Top Gun-IMAX 3D, starring Tom Cruise, is featured this weekend.
Why not check out the Classic 1986 heart-throb movie, "Top Gun" in 3D. Tom Cruise stars as a smart-aleck Navy pilot name Maverick with pal Goose, starring Anthony Edwards, famed for his role in the television drama, ER (1994-2009), as they progress through flight training school. Lots of inferred romance between Kelly McGillis, a flightschool teacher, and Marverick, who eventually overcomes his lack of confidence.
The in-air flight scenes should be great in 3D.
The newly released, "Warm Bodies," a zombie love story is playing as well.
Now Playing at AMC Showplace 14:
- Lincoln: During the Civil War, President Lincoln fights for an amendment to free the slaves.
- Django Unchained: A slave turned bounty hunter seeks to save his wife from a plantation owner.
- Silver Linings Playbook: A former teacher leaves a mental institution and tries to rekindle his relationship with his ex-wife, but meets another woman.
- Zero Dark Thirty: The story of the hunt for terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
Readers might like:
Now Playing at Marcus Theatres Orland Park
- Identity Theft: A girl on the outskirts of Miami has trouble controlling her urge to shop. How does she feed that passion--identity theft of course.
- Stand Up Guys: Another gangster film. This one starts when the ex-con gets out of prison and goes back to the same old practices. There's always a twist.
- The Metropolitan Opera: The story of one man's final performance at The Met in 2003.
- Lohengrin: Wagner's opera come alive on film.
Other big hits include, "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" in 3D and IMAX 3D as well as a zombie comedy, "Warm Bodies."
Take a look at locally-penned movie reviews. This week's featured movie reviewer is a horror flick fan. Why not submit your own reviews in Local Voices.
- The Culture Cast Presents:The Greatness of Alien or Why Alien is Great
- The Culture Cast presents a movie review: Juan of the Dead
What do you think of these reviews? Tell us in the comments.
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: