Updates on the Route 30 Construction Project
New Lenox Village Engineer Will Nash keeps the community informed of traffic patterns during the Route 30 Construction Project.
New Lenox Village Engineer Will Nash offers a report of ongoing and upcoming traffic issues along Route 30 during the construction phase.
- Anderson Road is currently closed and will remain closed until the mainline pavement is poured. Anderson Road should be open in a couple weeks.
- On Oct. 12 asphalt was installed from west of Spencer Road to just west of Schoolhouse Road.
- New concrete has been placed from the west end of the project to just west of Spencer Road.
According to Nash, the contractor is planning to place concrete pavement from west of Spencer Road to Schoolhouse Road this week. Motorists should know that the contractor will be leaving gaps at the private driveways and side streets as required to allow access. The contractor will also be placing new pavement through the west entrance to the strip mall across from Lincoln-Way Central High School. This will cause the closing of the entrance and leave the east intersection open for access to the strip mall.
- The contractor has begun milling and removing pavement near Retail Drive. Traffic exiting the Target Lowes site has been shifted to the west allowing one lane in and one lane out. Once the east side of the intersection is complete, traffic will be moved to the east allowing two lanes to exit the site. At the same time, they'll build the west side of the intersection. The contractor anticipates completing the entire intersection in about eight weeks.
Nash added that this will provide a complete intersection prior to the holiday rush.
- Marley Road is currently closed. Marley Road will be opened either today or Tuesday.
- Joliet Highway is currently closed while the contractor builds the intersection up to the subgrade for the new road. This road should be open in two weeks.
"We have placed signs along Route 30 directing traffic looking to access Bluestone Commons to the entrance just west of Joliet Highway.
- Spencer Road will be closed when Marley Road is opened to allow construction of the new pavement.
- Next week the contractor will be placing asphalt and new concrete from Schoolhouse Road to Retail Drive.
- The Right-in-Right-out near Portillo’s and Chili’s will be closed until this mainline pavement is constructed.
Nash noted that all the work mentioned above is dependent on weather and the possibility of unforeseen utility issues. "The contractor plans to have the eastbound two lanes of new pavement construted by Thanksgiving and, weather permitting, he'll continue to construct the middle lanes, left turn lanes and curb and gutter.
If the weather cooperates they are hoping to have the intersection at Vancina/Retail Drive complete by Thanksgiving, Nash said.