New Lenox Village Engineer Will Nash provides regular updates on the Route 30 Construction Project and how it affects the flow of traffic.
There are currently two lanes of traffic in each direction along Route 30.
- All side streets and driveways are open.
- There are some driveways and side streets that have asphalt small asphalt ramps to transition from new pavement to the existing binder course of asphalt as well as some temporary drives along the north side of the road.
Nash stated, "My staff and I will monitor these areas through the winter and contact the contractor with any required maintenance issues."
- The contractor was out doing maintenance work on some of the temporary asphalt ramps, handholes that are currently filled with grindings or stone, as well as filling in some large drop off areas adjacent to some of the side roads.
Readers might like:
As weather permits they will begin to place topsoil in median areas and on some of the ditch areas. They will be using some of the dirt from the stockpiles in front of Lincoln-Way Central High School. The piles will get smaller, but they won't diminish entirlely until the summer, Nash stated.
- During the winter months the contractor will be working on two sound walls—one north of the Wellington Townhomes and one north of the Bluestone Townhomes east of Bluestone Bay Drive.
- When construction starts next spring there will be daily lane closures as required to remove temporary pavement and finish all the curb and gutter work.
All the work mentioned above is dependent on weather and the possibility of unforeseen utility issues.
"My staff and I have been in contact and will continue to reach out to the business owners and affected parties in the construction areas to update them as we get new information from the contractor."
Two ways to stay connected: