Proud American Days 2012 Guide
Get everything you need to know about the annual New Lenox festival. Info on live music, carnival rides, volleyball tournaments and all of the other events going on July 26-29.
Four days of fun are coming to the Home of Proud Americans this weekend. Proud American Days is back in New Lenox from July 26-29, and we've got a complete rundown of all the events.
For more information, call the New Lenox Park District at 815-485-3584 or go to the event's website.
CARNIVAL GAMES & RIDES
Windy City Carnival Games & Rides will be operating the carnival portion of Proud American Days. Carnival tickets are $1 each and can be use at any Windy City Carnival Event. Unlimited Ride Wristbands will be put on by staff at time of purchase.
- Thursday, July 26: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands available for $20. Advance ticket sales begin at 4 p.m.
- Friday, July 27: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.: No unlimited ride wristbands available.
- Saturday, July 28: Noon to 11 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands for $20 may be used between noon and 4 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29: Noon to 10 p.m. Unlimited ride wristbands for $20 may be used between noon and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26: Maggie Speaks performs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. $7 cover charge. Entertainment tent open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday, July 27: 4-Cast performs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Watch 4-Cast perform in the Triple Play Concert Series.) Hairbangers Ball goes on from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Entertainment tent open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday, July 27: Teen Battle of the Bands, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Village Commons performing arts pavilion Click here for registration forms.
- Saturday, July 28: Country band Lucky Town performs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Village Commons performing arts pavilion. Infinity follows at 8 p.m. $7 cover charge. Entertainment tent open noon to midnight.
- Sunday, July 29: Stellar Road performs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. No cover. Entertainment tent open noon to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26: 6:30 p.m. "Mud Night," ages 18 and up pool play. Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 25. $78/team.
- Friday, July 27: 6:30 p.m. "Battle of the Businesses," ages 18 and up pool play. Registration deadline is Thursday, July 26. $78/team.
- Saturday, July 28: 9 a.m. Co-ed Mud Volleyball Tournament, ages 18 and up. Registration deadline is Friday, July 27. $130/team.
- Sunday, July 29: 10 a.m. Co-ed Mud Volleyball Tournament, ages 12-17. Registration deadline is Friday, July 27. $90/team.
SO MUCH MORE TO DO
Bags Tournament: 7 p.m. Friday through Saturday in the entertainment tent. Ages 21 and up. Registration begins at 6 p.m. $20 per team, with cash prizes (80/20 split).
Special Needs Day: Noon to 3 p.m. Friday. Sponsored by the Lions Club, this event allows people with special needs to enjoy the carnival rides and the rest of the park before it opens to the public. Read about the special needs day from 2011.
B96 Radio Appearance: The radio station will be at the performing arts pavilion from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday and again at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Beef Cook-Off: 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday. $75 to enter the beef cook-off, which includes a 15-pound roast. Judging begins at 11 a.m., and the remaining beef will be sold to the public. All proceeds will benefit the New Lenox Fire Foundation's Save-a-Life Program. Call 815-463-4500 to register or read here for more information.
Patriotic Babies: Registration at 8 a.m., contest begins at 9 a.m. Saturday. Pre-registration deadline is Friday, July 20 at the Lions Community Center. Fee is $8. On-site registration fee is $15. See photos of the cute babies from 2011.
Pet Parade/Rescue: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. at the performing arts pavilion. You patriotic pets can parade around the Commons, and you can get a free photo with your pet afterward. Various rescue organizations will be there until noon. See photos of the patriotic pets from 2011.
Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the entertainment tent. The "Made in America" show will feature various crafts.
Garage Sale: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the New Lenox Public Library parking lot. Proceeds will help fund the New Lenox Rotary Club's charitable efforts. Unsold items will be donated to the New Lenox Goodwill.
Big Wheel Race: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the performing arts pavilion. Check-in begins at 11:15 with a decorating contest at 11:30. Bring your own decorate Big Wheel. Race starts at 11:45 a.m.
Cheerleading Demo: Noon to 12:30 p.m. in the entertainment tent.
Family Fun Extravaganza: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the entertainment tent. Features a magic show, Oreo-stacking contest and a hula hoop contest.
Fun Run for Soldiers: 9 a.m. Sunday. Race-day registration/check-in begins at 8 a.m. at the performing arts pavilion. Race-day fee is $25. Pre-registration deadline is Wednesday, July 18 and the fee is $20. $5 per runner will be donated to the Armed Forces. See the results from the 2011 5K.
Military Tribute: 11:30 a.m. Sunday in the entertainment tent. All current military personnel and veterans are encouraged to attend. Watch last year's tribute.
Business Expo: Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Lions Community Center. Come by to meet local businesses and organizations, sponsored by the New Lenox Chamber of Commerce.
Classic Car Show: Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday in the New Lenox Public Library parking lot. Check out classic cars and help vote for the "People's Choice" award. Look at photos from the 2011 car show.
Family Bingo: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the family pavilion.
Check out more events at the Village Commons in our 2012 summer entertainment guide.