Looking for a little summer fun? You might not have to leave New Lenox.
At the Village Commons, there's concerts, movie nights, fireworks, festivals and lots more.
Below is a rundown of the events, and see the attached PDF for a complete schedule.
Carnival on the Commons
Bring out the family for a weekend of fun at this village-sponsored carnival at the Village Commons, which runs May 17 through May 20. Tickets for all rides and attractions may be purchased at the ticket counter the day of the carnival. The times are:
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, May 17
- 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, May 18
- 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, May 19
- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, May 20
Runs 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday from May 12 through Oct. 6 in the south parking lot of Village Hall, 1 Veterans Pkwy. Entertainment available. A variety of vendors selling produce, meats, cheeses, wine, flowers and lots more.
Triple Play Concert Series
- Saturday, June 2: Night Ranger
- Friday, July 20: Heart
- Saturday, Sept. 1: Styx
The Commons opens at 5:30 p.m. for all three shows. No food or alcohol is allowed in the park, but there will be vendors inside. Tickets are on sale for $60 at Village Hall (one ticket provides entry to all three shows).
Sara Evans Concert
Country star Sara Evans performs at the Country in the Commons event Friday, June 22, with gates to the Village Commons opening at 5:30 p.m. No food or alcohol is allowed in the park, but there will be vendors inside. Tickets are on sale for $30 at Village Hall. Get more information.
Proud American Days
The annual Proud American Days event, operated by the New Lenox Park District, is July 26-29 at the Lions Community Center, 1 Manor Drive. It offers four days of live entertainment, a carnival, a craft show, a business expo and much more.
The event tent times and additional features are:
- 5 p.m. to midnight Thursday, July 26
- 5 p.m. to midnight Friday, July 27
- Noon to midnight Saturday, July 28: Also featuring a pet parade, baby contest, craft show, big wheel race and cheerleading demo.
- Noon to 10 a.m. Sunday, July 29: Also featuring a 5K run, military tribute, business expo and car show.
For a complete list of events and dates, go to ProudAmericanDays.org
New Lenox Movie Nights
All shows begin at dusk, or 8 p.m., on Wednesday nights from June 6 through Aug. 22. Free to attend.
- June 6: Spooky Buddies (G)
- June 13: Cars 2 (G)
- June 20: The Adventures of Tintin (PG)
- June 27: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (PG)
- July 4: No movie (Fourth of July celebration)
- July 11: Puss in Boots (PG)
- July 18: Jack and Jill (PG)
- July 25: The Wizard of Oz (G)
- Aug. 1: Princess and the Frog (G)
- Aug. 8: The Muppets (PG)
- Aug. 15: Zookeeper (PG)
- Aug. 22: Ladies Night Out, featuring I Don't Know How She Does It (PG-13)
More Events on the Commons
Free to attend.
Sunday, June 10: New Lenox Community Band performs with Lincoln-Way Central studio guitarists, 3 p.m.
Sunday, June 17: Lincoln-Way orchestral rock concert, 3 p.m.
Sunday, June 24: No concert. Remembering Our New Lenox Schools' Angels will remember students from the community who died young. For more information, go to this Facebook event. 1 p.m.
Sunday, July 1: Dave Rudolph Beach Party, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, July 4: Fourth of July Celebration, featuring Bernie Glim & Country Roads at 7 p.m., a presentation by the Joliet American Legion at 8:30 p.m. and the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Check out last year's show.
Saturday, July 7: Wine & Jazz night features a wine tasting at 6 p.m. and a performance by Staff Infection at 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 15: The New Lenox Community Band performs with Lincoln-Way Alumni Broadway Review, 3 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 4: Mayor Tim Baldermann presents Kids Fest, featuring jumping castles, a petting zoo, a fire truck, children's IDs and lots more. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 5: Neverly Brothers concert, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 19: The New Lenox Community Band performs with the Marching Knights and Marching Warriors, 7 p.m.
Originally published May 16. Do you have photos from events that have passed? Share them in our Neighborhood Gallery.