New Lenox AMC Movie Times: Feb. 23-24
'Beautiful Creatures,' a movie about young love and dark secrets is playing this weekend.
"Beautiful Creatures" is about the battle between good and evil. In this case, the supernatural powers are unleashed in a small town in the South when a new girl (Alice Englert) moves in. She falls in love with a local boy (Alden Ehrenreich), and together they learn that both of their families have a dark past.
For those who like the Twighlight series, this movie is in the same realm—it's young love played out in a non-traditional way.
Another reach into the world of the supernatural is "Dark Skies." This paranormal thriller brings out the courage in a suburban couple faced with overcoming a supernatural entity that wants their children.
And then, there's "Escape from Planet Earth," and animated, slapstick comedy that draws strangers from another planet to the "dark planet," which is earth. The kids will love it. Other new releases include "Safe Haven" and "Warm Bodies."
The Oscar-nominated films now playing at AMC Showplace 14:
- Lincoln: During the Civil War, President Lincoln fights for an amendment to free the slaves.
- Django Unchained: A slave turned bounty hunter seeks to save his wife from a plantation owner.
- Silver Linings Playbook: A former teacher leaves a mental institution and tries to rekindle his relationship with his ex-wife, but meets another woman.
- Zero Dark Thirty: The story of the hunt for terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
- Argo: The story of the Nov. 4, 1979 Iranian revolution and the rescue of six American hostages held in the American Embassy.
Readers might like:
Now Playing at Marcus Theatres Orland Park
- Identity Theft: A girl on the outskirts of Miami has trouble controlling her urge to shop. How does she feed that passion? Identity theft of course.
- Save Haven: A romantic thriller about a young woman who moves to North Carolina and falls in love with a widowed store owner with two young children. Of course, she has a past, and that past intrudes on the couple's relationship.
Other big hits include "Warm Bodies," "Snitch," "A Good Day to Die Hard," "Dark Skies" and "Beautiful Creatures."
Check out these Movie Reviews
Take a look at locally-penned movie reviews. Why not submit your own reviews in Local Voices.
- Django Unchained
- Oscar countdown 2013 - Best Picture nominees
- 2013 Oscar preview - "Beasts of the Southern Wild" review
What do you think of these reviews? Tell us in the comments.
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: