Fire at Recycling Plant injures 2 Men; Burn Victims Treated at Silver Cross
Employees Suffered Second-degree burns after the equipment erupted.
Green Earth Plastic Recycling caught fire at 12:30 a.m. Saturday in nearby Joliet, and two men were burned.
“An electrical motor shorted out and caused an arcing fire that spread to several cardboard boxes next to the machinery,” said Joliet Fire Dept. Battalion Chief Ron Schroeder in a Sun-Times Media story.
Read more about the early morning blaze in the 700 block of E. Benton Street and the injuries suffered by two yet unidentified men in the Sun-Times Media. The two were transported to New Lenox's Silver Cross Hospital for treatment.